10 July, 2012

Introduction to My Universe

My universe was outgrowing the space I had created for it at Wordpress in 2009.

Bill my PHP instructor wanted us to use a blog to keep him posted on our progress with our projects. Well, I had never had a blog before, so I wasn't just going to start a blog to keep my PHP instructor informed about my progress on my project! I tried to make it bigger than that; and it is.

But that blog is about technology. And this blog is about the results of technologies. On this blog I am not going to go deeply into the nuts and bolts of how to do things, either physically or spiritually.

I expect this blog to stay on a very concept level, and concentrate on integrating data from a variety of different sources. However, the use of some data and some sources seems only to muddy the waters. I don't intend to be confusing on this blog, only informative and perhaps opinionated. So I may revisit these posts from time to time and modify them as seems appropriate.

In some ways, this space functions as a storage area for my thoughts and ideas expressed (mostly) in the written language of English. I wish I had a better way to communicate with more people that might be interested in being in communication. But this is more than I could have dreamed of when I was young and kept my writings in a loose leaf notebook that no one else could really ever look through.

I haven't explored the Blogger application very much yet. But I anticipate turning comments off in the beginning. I have not had great experience with the comment paradigm at other sites I have been involved with. If I can, I would like to leave one page for comments. We'll see how that goes. It took a couple years before I became aware that anyone was even reading my Wordpress blog. Outflow is more important than inflow. And communication can be achieved in a variety of ways.